Reviews of Battlestar Galactica were written from 2005-2009 during the original run of the series. Note: All reviews contain spoilers.
Season 1 (2005)
- 12/8/2003. The Miniseries — The Cylons launch a devastating sneak attack on humanity, forcing the survivors of the 12 Colonies of Kobol to flee their star system in a convoy protected by the Battlestar Galactica.
- 1/14/2005. 33 — With no sign of relief in sight, the human convoy must remain a step ahead of a pursuing Cylon fleet that stages an assault every 33 minutes.
- 1/14/2005. Water — When the fleet's water supply facility is sabotaged, a mission to find a new water source becomes a top priority, and the need to seek out undercover Cylon agents becomes more clearly urgent.
- 1/21/2005. Bastille Day — Adama and Roslin attempt to enlist the inmates of a prison transport vessel for a difficult water reclamation mission, but Tom Zarek, a convicted terrorist, seizes control of the prison ship and takes several military officers hostage.
- 1/28/2005. Act of Contrition — After a tragic accident on the Galactica kills more than a dozen pilots, Kara is assigned as the flight instructor for new recruits, which opens old wounds from a tragedy in the past.
- 2/4/2005. You Can't Go Home Again — When Kara goes missing on a desolate planet, Adama orders a massive search operation with a scope that threatens to compromise the fleet's defensive position.
- 2/11/2005. Litmus — A suicide bombing by a Cylon agent forces Roslin and Adama to publicly acknowledge that Cylons look like humans, and to open a tribunal to investigate the breakdown that allowed the agent to gain access to a secured area of the Galactica.
- 2/18/2005. Six Degrees of Separation — Claiming she has conclusive evidence, a copy of Number Six appears on the Galactica and accuses Baltar of being a traitor who helped the Cylons in their sneak attack on the Colonies.
- 2/25/2005. Flesh and Bone — When a Cylon is discovered hiding in the fleet, Roslin insists he be questioned, so Adama puts Kara in charge of an interrogation to get answers.
- 3/4/2005. Tigh Me Up, Tigh Me Down — Roslin suspects Adama might be a Cylon and insists that he take Baltar's Cylon-detection test. Meanwhile, Tigh's estranged wife turns up alive and shows signs of introducing a troubling influence.
- 3/11/2005. The Hand of God — With fuel supplies dwindling, Adama decides the Galactica must launch a surprise attack on a Cylon base and take control of their fuel source.
- 3/18/2005. Colonial Day — Following his release from prison, former terrorist Tom Zarek is selected as a delegate in the interim government, where he becomes an instant rival of President Roslin.
- 3/25/2005. Kobol's Last Gleaming, Part 1 — Roslin believes prophecies are coming true when a recon mission finds the location of Kobol, the planet of origin of the 12 Colonies.
- 4/1/2005. Kobol's Last Gleaming, Part 2 — In the midst of a Cylon threat and the discovery of Kobol, Roslin's interference in a military decision creates a rift between her and Adama, which threatens to escalate to the point of no return.