Reviews of Battlestar Galactica were written from 2005-2009 during the original run of the series. Note: All reviews contain spoilers.
Season 3 (2006-2007)
- Webisodes. The Resistance — In a series of 10 brief online episodes from SciFi.com, Tigh and Tyrol form the beginnings of a resistance movement against the Cylon occupation of New Caprica.
- 10/6/2006. Occupation / Precipice — In its fifth month under harsh Cylon occupation, New Caprica faces increased turmoil with a new human police force generally considered to be traitors, a resistance movement stepping up its violent attacks, and hope that a rescue from Galactica might still be possible.
- 10/13/2006. Exodus, Part 1 — As Tigh and the resistance coordinate Sharon's infiltration of a Cylon base on New Caprica, Adama and the Galactica prepare for their most important rescue mission yet.
- 10/20/2006. Exodus, Part 2 — Facing superior Cylon forces, the Galactica undertakes a daring mission to evacuate the occupied population of New Caprica.
- 10/27/2006. Collaborators — An autonomous group holds secret tribunals aboard the Galactica, carrying out death sentences for those they deem guilty of having collaborated with the Cylons on New Caprica.
- 11/3/2006. Torn — When Baltar agrees to help the Cylons in their search for Earth, the clues lead them to an unexpected encounter with a deadly virus. Aboard the Galactica, Tigh and Kara's bitterness creates divisiveness within the crew.
- 11/10/2006. A Measure of Salvation — The Cylons torture Baltar for his knowledge about a deadly virus responsible for disabling a basestar. Meanwhile, the Galactica develops a plan to potentially use the virus as a biological weapon.
- 11/17/2006. Hero — An imprisoned Colonial pilot escapes from a Cylon basestar after three years in captivity, and his connection to Adama's past reveals a dark secret.
- 12/1/2006. Unfinished Business — Galactica's crew members work out their frustrations in boxing matches, where rank is rendered irrelevant and unresolved personal issues from New Caprica are settled in the ring.
- 12/8/2006. The Passage — When the fleet's entire food supply becomes contaminated and a new food source must be harvested, the Galactica's Raptor pilots risk their lives to guide the civilian fleet through a star cluster that exposes the pilots to dangerous levels of radiation.
- 12/15/2006. The Eye of Jupiter — While on a planet-based resupply mission, Tyrol discovers an ancient temple that is said to contain the Eye of Jupiter — an artifact that supposedly points to Earth's location. A standoff ensues when the Cylons jump into orbit and demand Adama turn the Eye over to them.
- 1/21/2007. Rapture — Sharon and Helo take extreme measures to rescue their daughter from the Cylons. Meanwhile, the fates of all on the planet hang in the balance when the Cylons engage Galactica's ground forces to obtain the secrets of the Eye of Jupiter.
- 1/28/2007. Taking a Break from All Your Worries — Roslin and Adama embark on a prolonged interrogation of Baltar to establish his guilt as a traitor to humanity. Lee and Kara face turning points in their marriages.
- 2/11/2007. The Woman King — Helo finds himself estranged from much of the Galactica crew when he embarks on a questionable investigation of a civilian doctor he believes is killing patients.
- 2/18/2007. A Day in the Life — On the day of his wedding anniversary, Adama finds his thoughts occupied by the lost past. The lives of Tyrol and Cally, meanwhile, are jeopardized when they become trapped in an airlock.
- 2/25/2007. Dirty Hands — Tyrol investigates a work stoppage on the fleet's fuel refinery ship and subsequently finds himself pulled into a struggle that hints at an emerging societal divide.
- 3/4/2007. Maelstrom — Kara's disturbing dreams and hallucinations prompt her to confront her troubled past and explore the possibilities of a mysterious destiny foretold to her since childhood.
- 3/11/2007. The Son Also Rises — When Baltar's legal representative is murdered with his trial rapidly approaching, Lee is assigned to provide security for the dead lawyer's enigmatic replacement.
- 3/18/2007. Crossroads, Part 1 — As Baltar's treason trial begins, Lee finds his shipmates questioning his loyalty for serving on Baltar's legal defense team.
- 3/25/2007. Crossroads, Part 2 — Baltar's trial goes to verdict after stunning testimony on the witness stand. Meanwhile, a mysterious tune — which only a select few people aboard Galactica can hear — leads to an unexpected discovery.