Reviews of Battlestar Galactica were written from 2005-2009 during the original run of the series. Note: All reviews contain spoilers.
Season 2 (2005-2006)
- 7/15/2005. Scattered — A tactical mishap separates Galactica from the rest of the fleet, and in order to locate it, Colonel Tigh must reluctantly fill Adama's role as commander.
- 7/22/2005. Valley of Darkness — The Galactica crew must stop a boarding party of Cylon Centurions, which intend to take over the ship and destroy the fleet.
- 7/29/2005. Fragged — Tensions build among the stranded soldiers on Kobol when Crashdown orders a questionable attack on a Cylon missile battery. On Galactica, Tigh faces tough questions from the civilian government.
- 8/5/2005. Resistance — In response to Tigh's declaration of martial law, civilian ships in the fleet begin to openly defy Galactica. Tyrol is imprisoned for having consorted with Cylon Sharon. On Caprica, Kara and Helo join a band of human resistance fighters.
- 8/12/2005. The Farm — Kara is shot and wakes up in a mysterious hospital. Adama returns to duty where a search is ongoing for Roslin, who is trying to organize support in the fleet for a return trip to Kobol.
- 8/19/2005. Home, Part 1 — Kara, Helo, and Sharon rendezvous with Roslin's fugitive fleet in orbit of Kobol, where they prepare for a dangerous mission to find the Tomb of Athena. Meanwhile, Adama begins to feel the pressures of a fleet divided.
- 8/26/2005. Home, Part 2 — Determined to reunite the fleet, Adama travels to Kobol to meet with Roslin's landing party, which is making its way across wet forest terrain to open the Tomb of Athena.
- 9/9/2005. Final Cut — In an effort to put a human face on an embattled military operation, Adama grants complete access of the Galactica to a video broadcast news reporter.
- 9/16/2005. Flight of the Phoenix — A Cylon computer virus begins taking control of the Galactica's systems as Cylon forces close in on their position. Meanwhile, Tyrol decides to build a new fighter from scratch as a project to distract the crew from its troubles.
- 9/23/2005. Pegasus — The Galactica crew rejoices when they discover another battlestar, the Pegasus, survived the Cylon attack. But friction arises when its commanding officer, Admiral Cain, announces her plan to take control of the fleet.
- 1/6/2006. Resurrection Ship, Part 1 — Adama and Cain face off over the fates of Helo and Tyrol, whom Cain has sentenced to death for the killing of one of her officers.
- 1/13/2006. Resurrection Ship, Part 2 — Even while on the brink of two opposing coups, Adama and Cain and the fleets under their command set out on a daring military operation to destroy a critical Cylon target.
- 1/20/2006. Epiphanies — President Roslin, very near death, orders the termination of Sharon's pregnancy amid violent protests by a group advocating a peaceful resolution to the conflict with the Cylons.
- 1/27/2006. Black Market — When the heads of a black market in the fleet are suspected of killing a ranking military officer, Lee is assigned to investigate their operation.
- 2/3/2006. Scar — Tensions mount, and Starbuck's and Kat's egos collide, when Galactica's Viper pilots must take on a particularly skilled and lethal Cylon Raider.
- 2/10/2006. Sacrifice — Civilians-turned-terrorists take hostages at a bar on the Cloud Nine and demand that Sharon be turned over to them for execution.
- 2/17/2006. The Captain's Hand — Lee and Kara are assigned to the Pegasus, where they butt heads with its new commanding officer and his questionable tactics.
- 2/24/2006. Downloaded — On Cylon-occupied Caprica, reincarnated copies of Six and Sharon struggle to reintegrate into Cylon society, and must cope with the roles they played in humanity's destruction.
- 3/3/2006. Lay Down Your Burdens, Part 1 — As Kara leads a risky mission to rescue survivors from Caprica, a Raptor crew discovers a habitable planet that Baltar uses as the lynchpin in his presidential campaign.
- 3/10/2006. Lay Down Your Burdens, Part 2 — Taking opposite sides on the issue whether to colonize the habitable world dubbed New Caprica, Roslin and Baltar square off for election day.