Star Trek: The Feature Films
Reviews of all the Star Trek movies from First Contact onward were reviewed shortly after their original theatrical releases. The previous seven films were written from 2001-2005 during special edition home media releases. Note: All reviews contain spoilers.
- 12/7/1979. Star Trek: The Motion Picture — Admiral Kirk returns to a newly retrofitted USS Enterprise to take over command from its new captain as a massive energy cloud approaches Earth with unknown intentions. (2001 Special Edition review)
- 6/4/1982. Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan — Genetically enhanced warlord Khan — exiled for more than a decade on Ceti Alpha V and determined to take revenge on Kirk for leaving him there — seizes control of the USS Reliant with the intention of stealing an experimental device that can be used as a superweapon.
- 6/1/1984. Star Trek III: The Search For Spock — Against Starfleet orders, Kirk and his crew embark on a forbidden mission to retrieve Spock's body from the Genesis planet in the hopes that the katra carried inside McCoy's mind can be returned to its rightful place.
- 11/26/1986. Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home — In an attempt to save Earth from a powerful alien probe, the crew of the Enterprise travels back in time to the 20th century to retrieve the extinct species that may be able to establish communications.
- 6/9/1989. Star Trek V: The Final Frontier — The Enterprise is dispatched to a backwater planet where a passionate Vulcan has taken hostages to further his mission to pass through the barrier to the center of the galaxy and the great unknown.
- 12/6/1991. Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country — In the final mission for the crew of Kirk's Enterprise, Starfleet opens diplomatic negotiations with a weakened Klingon Empire, following a catastrophic accident that portends its forthcoming collapse.
- 11/18/1994. Star Trek: Generations — Picard and the crew of the Enterprise must follow in the destructive wake of Soran, who is trying to control the path of a reality-bending energy ribbon that was encountered by Kirk nearly 80 years earlier.
- 11/22/1996. Star Trek: First Contact — After an attack targeting Earth, the Enterprise crew follows the Borg back in time to the 21st century, where the Borg intend to alter history by stopping the initial event that will eventually lead to the creation of the Federation.
- 12/11/1998. Star Trek: Insurrection — When the Federation is pulled into a dispute between two cultures over the future of a planet and its unique scientific properties, Picard goes against Starfleet orders to take a moral stand.
- 12/13/2002. Star Trek: Nemesis — Following a coup that wipes out the Romulan senate, the Enterprise is sent to Romulus to open a dialogue with the Romulan Empire's new leader, who holds a strange connection to Picard.
Kelvin Timeline Movies
- 5/8/2009. Star Trek — In an alternate timeline brought about by the arrival from the future of Romulan Captain Nero in the 23rd century, Kirk and Spock complete their training at Starfleet Academy before being assigned to the USS Enterprise under Captain Pike.
- 5/17/2013. Star Trek Into Darkness — The Enterprise is sent on an ethically murky mission to eliminate an escaped Starfleet asset that has turned against them and unleashed a string of violent attacks.
- 7/22/2016. Star Trek Beyond — When a rescue mission turns out to be an ambush, the Enterprise crew is stranded on a planet and held prisoner by Krall, who intends to unleash destruction on a Federation starbase.